Ageless-Yoga is the trading name of yoga teacher, Anne Marie Tovey who for the purposes of data protection laws in the UK is the “data controller” and therefore responsible for your personal data.
This policy covers the following topics:
- What personal data we collect
- How we collect your personal data
- How we use your personal data
- How we store your personal data
- Your data protection rights
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What personal data do we collect?
“Personal data” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. Personal data does not include data where your identity has been removed or which not associated with or linked to your personal data (anonymous data).
We only collect personal data that enables Ageless-Yoga to plan, deliver and evaluate our yoga classes and programmes. We collect the following data:
- Identity data: your name, date of birth, gender
- Contact data: your address, telephone number and email address together with contact details of an emergency contact
- Transaction data: details about payments received from you and the classes you have booked with us. Please note that we do not collect your financial data – bookings made through our Book That In page are processed by Book That In and their payment provider and we do not receive your payment card or bank details, and bespoke corporate classes and Yoga4Health class payments are agreed and paid to Ageless-Yoga by direct bank transfer.
- Health data: more sensitive information such as your health status when you book one of our yoga classes and/or complete our health questionnaire.
- Technical and Usage data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
Please note that where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to complete a booking or register you for our classes). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have requested but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How do we collect your personal data?
You directly provide the data that we collect. We collect and process your data when you:
- Voluntarily contact us through the website feedback form, via email or by post, and when you submit an online testimonial.
- Register online via our Book That In page to book and pay for a yoga class. We will then receive an automated email with your name and contact details once the payment is received.
- Complete our pre-class health questionnaire.
- Interact with our website, during which we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This is collected by using cookies and similar technologies, information about which can be found in our cookies policy at [INSERT LINK].
How do we use your personal data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your bookings and manage your account.
- Ensure that any yoga classes you book with us are appropriate to your needs and take account of any special circumstances.
- Email you with information on other services we think you might like and find helpful.
- Provide you with information that you have requested, or otherwise respond to enquiries from you.
- Comply with an insurance legal, or regulatory obligation, including the prevention of crime.
- Protect our business and our website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data. This is necessary for our legitimate interest in running our business, the provision of administration and IT services, network security.
- Review website analytics, to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website, and to help us to improve the content of the website and to customise the content or layout of the website for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
When you book and pay for a yoga class via our Book That In page, your data may be automatically checked with credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
How do we store your personal data?
Personal data collected by Ageless-Yoga is stored mainly in two ways:
- Your name and contact details, and any additional relevant personal data (including your health questionnaire and emergency contact details) will be stored securely by your Ageless-Yoga teacher.
If you complete a testimonial submission form, your name and submitted comments are stored on the Ageless-Yoga website www.ageless-yoga.co.uk. Stored data does not include your contact information.
Ageless-Yoga will keep your data only for as long as you are subscribed to one of our services and to comply with recommended time limits for legal and insurance purposes (four years). Once this time period has expired, your data will be deleted.
Ageless-Yoga may, on occasions, send you information about our services. You may opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link.
Your personal data will never be passed on to a third party or any other organisation or individual for their marketing purposes without your express consent.
What are your data protection rights?
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request Ageless-Yoga for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request Ageless-Yoga to correct or complete any personal data you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request Ageless-Yoga to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request Ageless-Yoga to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to Ageless-Yoga’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that Ageless-Yoga transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation or directly to you, under circumstances.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com; call us on 07768 314962, or write to us at our registered office: 138 Penrhyn Road, Northampton, NN4 8ED.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you although this timeframe may be extended for example if your request is complex or you have made a number or requests.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Please note: you have access at all times to any personal data you provide when creating an account on the Book That In system. Your personal data stored on Book That In is owned by you and can be checked and updated whenever necessary.
Privacy policies of other websites
If you decide to leave this website and access these third-party websites, plug-ins and/or applications you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. We do not control third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices or for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such websites. We do not investigate, monitor or check third party websites for accuracy or completeness and the inclusion of any linked website on or through our website does not imply approval or endorsement by us of the linked website.
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel that Ageless-Yoga has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Advice on how to contact the ICO can be found at www.ico.org.uk. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.